Saturday, January 1, 2005

Trip to Rio (Day 1)

If you'll recall, we were fortunate enough to go to Africa back in July. Because we bought an "around the world" ticket, there was another leg that we had to use by the end of the year. Neither of us had ever been to Brazil, and we had heard of Reveillon, the huge New Year's celebration in Rio, so we decided to spend New Year's Eve in Rio!

Our flight left for Sao Paulo at 7:45 PM on Thursday, December 30th. Oddly enough, there was no traffic on our way to the airport (almost impossible in Atlanta), and security wasn't bad, either...so we arrived for our flight without a single problem. Hadley watched a movie while I messed with my phone and iPod (as usual). Of course, an hour or two into the flight, she was dead asleep...and I was wide awake. For some reason, I find it hard to sleep on planes. Anyway, I eventually dozed off, thus bringing Day 1 to an end...

No comments: