Monday, August 29, 2005

Advice from Alice Cooper

So I'm on a flight last night to Minneapolis, and I'm reading the latest issue of Harp Magazine. There's a one-page article by Alice Cooper...where he gives his opinions or thoughts on certain things. Despite chopping up baby dolls, killing chickens onstage, and performing with a live boa constrictor around his neck...Alice is a pretty smart guy. Here are a few points that I thought were worth mentioning:



Women take much more pain than men, physically and emotionally. So we're really remiss in saying, "take it like a man." "Take it like a woman" is much more real.

My motto is: Be the person your dog thinks you are. Think about that. Because your dog thinks you are the greatest thing ever. You could beat your dog, throw him outside in the snow, and you go out there and he'd be going, haah, haah, haah. And he'd look at you and think you were the greatest thing of all time.

Everything starts at home as far as I'm concerned. I'm a true believer in the family, and it's not just because I have one, it's just the fact that family does mean everything.

One of the bizarre things in the world to me is that America is, I think, like 60-percent overweight. And yet all I ever see on TV is fitness and fast food adds--we can't make up our minds. I think of America like a kid in a candy shop.

What scares me the most? Probably CNN.

No comments: