Tuesday, December 6, 2005

K.D. Sanders




As the article above describes, 20 years ago KD Sanders killed his grandparents and disappeared off the face of the Earth. His grandparents had a cabin out at Pickwick, which is where they lived and were killed. This cabin was down the street from Judy Whitehurst's cabin, where we always congregated once we were old enough to drive and find our way out to Pickwick. When the news of this horrific murder got out, for years we were haunted by KD Sanders. Any time we were camping or out and about late at night and we heard something in the bushes, we immediately thought it was KD coming to kill us all....

Most of my friends from Corinth always comment on how good my memory is....I always seem to remember more than most. But in the case of KD Sanders, when it was announced that he'd been caught, all of my buddies called me and left messages....but I didn't remember anything about it. So for days I kept trying to remember all of this, and it's finally come back to me. KD scared the hell out of all of us....and now he's finally caught....and we can all sleep soundly again....

1 comment:

Hanging out with K.D. in San Antonio. said...

I hung out with K.D. for two years up to the day before he got arrested in San Antonio. I met him at an Alcoholics Anonymous meeting. We had no idea.