Friday, April 15, 2005

Good times in Memphis

My business travels found me in Memphis yesterday (and today), and I was fortunate enough to see a few of my friends while there. I grabbed dinner with Meade & Chris and Meade's mom at the Rendezvous. Of course, we started off with a good ol' cheese plate and then dove into some ribs. From there, we went to McEwen's up the street to have their famous Banana Cream Pie. Talk about delicious!

Meade and her mom had to leave, so Chris and I stayed and drank with Bill, the bartender, until closing time. Then we headed to Earnestine & Hazel's for one more drink, but that turned into MANY more drinks, and we pretty much shut that place down, too!



Earnestine & Hazel's was once a brothel, if you can believe that. The bedrooms are still upstairs, but now they serve as party rooms. With the best jukebox in town, this place draws everyone from locals to Ole Miss students...all there to drink, be merry, and boogie to the tunes.



Needless to say, I was a little tired this morning. I had to pick up an associate from the airport at 9:30 AM...he flew in to help me with my 1:00 PM meeting with AutoZone. Since their office is downtown, I called my client to see if he wanted to do lunch before the meeting, and low and behold, we met at the Rendezvous for more ribs! If you've never been there, you gotta check it out. I sure won't be eating any pork any time soon!!

Anyway, it was a great, short trip to Memphis. I love that town and always have to make the most of my trips there. And the Rendezvous, McEwen's, and Earnestine & Hazel's is the best way to do that!!!

No comments: